About Fostoria Area Historical Society
The Fostoria Area Historical Society is dedicated to the preservation of all things Fostoria. We are also committed to the education of ourselves and the public on the history of Fostoria and its surroundings. The society operates two museums. The main branch is located at 123 West North Street in an 1875 fire station, Fostoria’s oldest public building. It features a Fostoria-manufactured Allen Car and a WWII era Seagrave fire engine. The other museum branch is located at 105 North Main Street. It is called Foster’s Museum, named after Fostoria’s native son and two-time Governor of Ohio, Charles Foster. This museum contains many of the Foster family belongings and other displays related to Fostoria. Both museums are open Saturdays 1-4 p.m. from May through October.