About German Village Historic District
German Village is a 9-block historic district located immediately north of Hamilton’s central business district and adjacent to the Great Miami River. It has been listed on the National Register of Historic Places since 1991. It was the first residential development outside of Fort Hamilton. Construction in the 1800’s was mostly frame and reflected several different styles of 19th century architecture including Queen Anne, Italianate, Eastlake, Gothic Revival and Greek Revival. The neighborhood housed both prominent businessmen and laborers. By the 1940’s, and the completion of the nearby Hydraulic Canal, a wave of German immigrants had arrived and Hamilton was becoming a prominent industrial center. Each year for the holidays German Village hosts a German Village Christmas Walk, to get people in the holiday spirit!
Features & Amenities
Free Admission, Free Parking.