Message from Mary
We’re less than a month away from ringing in 2017, and the holiday season is in full swing! We’ve had great success with our Holidays In Ohio promotion so far, and we continue to spread the word to Ohio hosts and travelers about using Ohio.org/holidays as a go-to guide for finding fun activities to entertain and engage visitors this season. Our holidays page is also chock-full of unique places to do your holiday shopping where you can find one-of-a-kind gifts made by Ohio artisans.
We will convene the TourismOhio Advisory Board for a final meeting of the year on December 15 and look forward to presenting our updated “Plan to Win,” TourismOhio’s 2015-2018 Strategic Plan. In order to best support the business and experience of Tourism in Ohio, we update the plan each year, incorporating feedback from our industry partners. A special edition BuckeyeLine featuring the updated plan is coming your way soon – stay tuned!
TourismOhio has had a terrific and busy 2016 which included:
- Our first full year promoting the new Ohio. Find It Here. brand utilizing cutting-edge technology.
- The acquisition of Ohio.org to replace DiscoverOhio.com. The new URL provides a more concise marketing strategy to be used across all channels.
- Development of 16 virtual reality videos and a custom user interface to present Ohio’s distinctive and memorable experiences through an immersive 360-degree virtual reality experience. The virtual reality videos were showcased at the RNC and NAACP, capitalizing on large audiences using the latest in technology to present Ohio in a hip and cool way.
- Enhancement of our portfolio of creative assets that will be used in print and digital in 2017. We held photo shoots at various spots as well as a live action shoot at multiple locations that will be used to develop a new commercial slated to debut Fall 2017.
- Introduction of our first holiday promotion, Holidays In Ohio.
- Completion of our second year with a fall marketing campaign.
We are so excited about the amazing partnership in the 2017 TourismOhio Co-op Program! We’re encouraged by the partnership of many new organizations who did not participate last year – we are so thrilled by this broader representation as we seek to build greater awareness. Good news – it’s not too late to sign up. We’ve extended the deadline to request matching dollars to Friday, December 16! Please see below for more information.
We encourage you to share your time together with family and friends at #HolidaysInOhio.
Wishing you – Love. Joy. Happiness… Ohio. Find It Here.
For the good of Ohio,
Mary L. Cusick