Find Your Getaway with the 2016 Ohio Travel Guide
Download or order your free guide at Ohio.org
February 16, 2016
Contact: Tamara Brown, 614-466-8591
COLUMBUS, Ohio – The 2016 Ohio Travel Guide is now available for digital download or as a print magazine. The 2016 guide has been modernized to better reflect the new Ohio. Find It Here. brand and create a more engaging and inspiring resource for travelers.
“The new travel guide has been reconstructed to feature a magazine format boasting rich visuals and stories which share the emotional connections that can be made in Ohio,” said Mary Cusick, director of TourismOhio. “We want to turn people’s heads toward Ohio as a tourism destination and pique their interest in visiting Ohio.org for information and tools to plan their trips.”
Changes to the 2016 Ohio Travel Guide include:
- Appearance – The new guide is one-half inch wider than previous versions allowing for larger, more beautiful and expressive photos.
- Content – The guide content has been revamped to highlight feature-length stories, interviews and even background on the writers. Each of the five regional sections includes more content focused on authentic experiences including dining, shopping and lodging. In keeping with consumer trends, the guide contains fewer listings for services travelers research online.
- Timing – The 2016 Ohio Travel Guide is available a month earlier than previous years to help prompt spring and summer travel planning.
Ohio Calendar of Events
The 2016 Spring/Summer Ohio Calendar of Events also is available and includes:
- 715 festivals and events taking place from March 1 through Aug. 31, 2016.
- Index of events by category (Arts & Cultural; Crafts, Antiques & Shopping; etc.)
How to Order/Download
The 2016 Ohio Travel Guide and Spring/Summer Ohio Calendar of Events are available in print, free of charge, by visiting Ohio.org or calling 1-800-BUCKEYE. The digital edition of the guide (including the calendar) is available for download from the App Store, Google Play or on Ohio.org.
TourismOhio, operating within the state of Ohio’s Development Services Agency, works to ensure Ohio is positioned as a destination of choice, enriching lives through authentic travel experiences. The branding Ohio. Find It Here. supports Ohio’s $40 billion tourism industry. For more, visit Ohio.org.
# # #