About Hubbard House Underground Railroad Museum

Take a walk through a part of history of the Underground Railroad at the Hubbard House Underground Railroad Museum. The home was built in 1841 by William and Katharine Hubbard, serving as the last stop on the Underground Railroad before securing safe passage across the lake to Canada. Learn of how the family came to Ohio, how they lived, and the family’s courageous acts to keep people safe. William Hubbard was a member of the Ashtabula County Anti-Slavery Society and helped found the Ashtabula Sentinel, an Abolitionist newspaper. Ask how code names like Mother Hubbard’s Cupboard and the Great Emporium were used for years to protect people as they were moved to freedom.

Photo Gallery

Share this listing