About Mid-Ohio Valley Players Theater

Since 1959, Mid-Ohio Valley Players Theatre has provided the finest year-round entertainment. Musicals, comedies, drama, mysteries and children theatre. “Dinner & Theatre” discounts available.In the fall of 1959 the “Valley Players” presented a series of one-act plays in the auditorium of Washington Elementary School. The first full-length play, The Solid Gold Cadillac, soon followed.From 1965 to 1968 plays were presented at the Masonic Park Pavilion in Devola. In 1968 Mid-Ohio Valley Players, MOVP, found its first permanent home in the Harmar Chapel. From 1973 to 1977 musicals were performed at the Marietta High School auditorium and dinner theatres were presented at the Marietta Country Club and at the local Ramada Inn. Later in the 1990s, dinner theatre was performed at the Lafayette Hotel.

Share this listing

X