Built in 1839, the Pennsylvania House was a popular and respected Inn along the National Road. " The 7,000 square foot Federal-style structure was built using tenon and mortise construction. " It originally had 26 rooms and a kitchen separate from the house. Several large barns were built adjacent to the house that sheltered the wagons and livestock of the overnight guests. " Today, the barns and kitchen are gone but the remaining fine, brick structure entertains visitors with its three floors of 19th century furniture, paintings, clocks, portraits, china, glass, dolls, and textiles. " The Pennsylvania House has been included on the National Register of Historic Places since 1973. After its second major restoration concluded in October 2006, an authentic National Road marker was dedicated during the grand reopening ceremonies and is proudly displayed by the front entrance.
Features & Amenities
Free ParkingOnsite Parking
Share this listing
Ohio. Find It Here. Newsletter
Find travel inspiration for your next trip, get the latest Ohio news & find out about great events with our monthly newsletter!