COLUMBUS, Ohio (Feb. 3, 2021) – The anticipation to travel is building. It's a new year and travelers are itching for a change of scenery. From outdoor hikes, cuddling up in a romantic chalet, to warming up with treats from local restaurants, you’ll find fun winter adventures all season long! Ohio. Find It Here. has launched its Winter in Ohio campaign, which includes everything from romantic getaways and family scenic road trips to numerous ways to support local businesses. Those that prefer the cold days to plan for a warmer vacation can browse the thousands of ideas and places listed on Ohio.org for travel inspiration. Use the itinerary tool to create and plan a custom trip in Ohio for the upcoming year.
"Winter in Ohio is the perfect time to visit one of our many romantic getaways, take an incredible winter hike, or shop at local bakeries and candy stores for the perfect hot chocolate or valentine’s gift." said Lydia Mihalik, director of the Ohio Development Services Agency. "During the month of February, Ohioans can learn more about Ohio's African American history to recognize Black History Month and celebrate the impact Black men and women have had throughout history."
Photo and video assets can be downloaded via Dropbox.
February is Black History Month, a time to explore Ohio's African American history and learn more about the black men and women that impacted everything from art, business, innovation and education to the Civil War and civil rights. You can visit the National Afro-American Museum & Cultural Center at Wilberforce University, the nation's first private Black college, to see interesting art and artifacts. The museum holds Alex Haley's final draft of Roots. You also can stop in Dayton to visit the new Funk Music Hall of Fame & Exhibition Center or visit the National Underground Railroad Freedom Center in Cincinnati.
One of the best ways to beat the winter "blahs" is to bundle up, zip up that coat and get outside. And a mask will only add a layer of much-needed warmth and protection.
- Top 10 Things to Do When it Snows – Sledding, ice skating and even ice fishing can bring you and your family endless fun this winter season across Ohio if Mother Nature cooperates.
- Winter Hikes in Ohio – Ohio's state parks offer incredible winter hiking that often includes views of waterfalls and ice formations. Ohio Department of Natural Resources invites outdoor enthusiasts and novices alike to join in the fun on a winter hike, and this year, they're going virtual. Check them out here.
- Toboggan in Cleveland Metroparks – Experience the icy thrill of tobogganing at The Chalet in Mill Stream Run Reservation. The twin, 700-foot refrigerated ice chutes operate with or without snow through early March, weather permitting.
- Skiing in Ohio – Ohio has ski and snowboard destinations to help you stay fit and have fun this season. Start planning your next adventure with these four Ohio places to hit the slopes.
"Skiing, snowboarding, and snow tubing are great for getting you outdoors for winter recreation," said Nate Wolleson, Marketing Manager at Snow Trails in Mansfield. "We're excited to deliver fun day trip getaways and an overall safe season out here for you to enjoy making memories in our resort atmosphere that takes you not far, just away."
Most attractions, including all the ski resorts, currently require reservations so be sure to check each venue's website or app before heading out.
Romantic Getaways and Scenic Road Trips
- Maumee Bay State Park Lodge near Toledo is a great family getaway, it's also a hidden gem for couples. Each room has a private balcony and the lodge features three large fireplaces.
- Gervasi Vineyard in Canton is known for its state-of-the-art villas with fireplaces, heated floors and Tuscan-inspired décor. The vineyard earns national awards earned Winner of The Knot Best of Weddings 2021
- Landoll's Mohican Castle in Loudonville sits on 30 acres and offers breathtaking sights, unique lodging and fine dining. You will feel like royalty once you book a spa appointment.
- Punderson Manor Lodge near Akron is situated in Ohio's "snow belt" and provides many great winter activities, if the weather cooperates, such as snow mobile trails, cross-country ski trails, one dog sled trail and a lighted sledding hill with tow rope.
Download or read a PDF version of this press release.
About Ohio. Find It Here. Operating within the state of Ohio's Development Services Agency, Ohio. Find It Here. works to position Ohio as a destination of choice to enrich lives through authentic travel experiences. The Ohio. Find It Here. brand supports Ohio's multibillion-dollar tourism industry. In 2019, the tourism industry captured a record-breaking $48 billion in visitor spending and welcomed 226 million visitors into and within the state. The industry also supported 431,000 Ohio jobs. For more information, visit Ohio.org.
# # #
Media Contact: Celina Fabrizio, email@example.com or 614-745-9462