COLUMBUS, Ohio (Jan. 24, 2022) — A new year and a fresh coat of snow can only mean one thing — winter is officially here and it’s time to start planning some new adventures. Ohio. Find It Here. launched its Winter in Ohio campaign, which includes everything from romantic getaways and family scenic road trips, to iconic sports events you'll find only in Ohio this season.
For many, 2022 means new beginnings, which is why the U.S. Travel Association has designated Jan. 25 as "National Plan for a Vacation Day." Get a head start on ways to make new memories this year with the Ohio. Find It Here. 2022 Ohio Travel Guide. Packed with interesting articles, informative listings, and entertaining stories with insider tips, the guide gives readers trip inspiration for every region of the state, including event, dining, shopping and lodging ideas. Order your copy here.
"Winter is a wonderful time in Ohio, with so many exciting opportunities to support local businesses, have new experiences and make new memories," said Lydia Mihalik, director of the Ohio Department of Development. "Whether you're looking to mark one of the seasonal holidays, enjoy the outdoors or attend an event, you can find it here, in Ohio!"
Valentine's Day in Ohio
For those looking to celebrate Valentine's Day, now is the time to book an Ohio romantic getaway, make reservations at a favorite or new Ohio restaurant, and shop Ohio for the perfect gift for your loved one.
Also, consider supporting Ohio’' Black-owned businesses and restaurants. You can shop in person or online, dine in, have your meal delivered or order carryout. It’s a perfect way to support Black History Month in February.
Wonderful Winter Adventures
Whether it's romance or family fun you are looking for this winter, you can find it here in Ohio.
Not all romance happens only during Valentine's weekend, so check out these romantic spots any time this winter:
- Maumee Bay State Park Lodge near Toledo features a 2-mile boardwalk and several hiking trails. When the snow falls, the park opens its cross-country skiing trail. Nothing is more romantic than the lodge's beautiful lake view.
- Gervasi Vineyard in Canton has been named the "Best Wine Country Hotel" by USA TODAY twice this past decade. Cuddle up in its state-of-the-art villas with fireplaces, heated floors and Tuscan-inspired décor, and be sure to share a candlelit dinner at The Bistro.
- 21c Museum Hotel is the only hotel and museum combo in Ohio, with exceptional modern art throughout all accommodations. If that's not enough, it also offers amazing city views of Cincinnati.
- Landoll's Mohican Castle in Loudonville sits on 30 acres and offers breathtaking sights, unique lodging, and fine dining at The Copper Mug Bar & Grille. No crown is necessary to stay here, but guests absolutely feel like royalty.
- The Inn at Cedar Falls in Hocking Hills offers guests the chance to reconnect with each other and with nature. The Spa at Cedar Falls is a true escape, and any meal at Kindred Spirits is unforgettable.
Hocking Hills is just one stop on the Scenic Route Road Trip this winter, which delivers winter inspiration for the hiker, skier or "sit-by-the-fire" type.
- Skiing in Ohio — Ohio's ski and snowboard destinations are open and ready for experienced and rookie skiers and snowboarders. Check out Boston Mills and Brandywine ski resorts in northeast Ohio, Snow Trails in Mansfield and Mad River Mountain near Bellefontaine.
- Oak Openings Preserve near Toledo is one of Ohio's largest metro parks. The nearby Maumee River Water Trail, unusual natural areas, a new treehouse village, hiking, mountain biking, and horse trails make the preserve an ideal outdoor adventure destination.
- Toboggan in Cleveland Metroparks — Experience the icy thrill of tobogganing at The Chalet in Mill Stream Run Reservation. The twin 700-foot refrigerated ice chutes operate with or without snow through early March, weather permitting.
- Punderson Manor Lodge near Akron provides many great winter activities as well as beautiful views of the woods, wildlife, and Punderson Lake. Watch a sunrise from a cabin or grab a rocking chair near the fireplace at the lodge.
Sports fans will want to put Cleveland and Dayton on their travel itinerary this winter as all eyes will be on Ohio's hardwood courts in 2022, especially since Ohio landed one of the biggest sporting events in the world. The NBA, which is celebrating its 75th anniversary this year, will host the 71st NBA All-Star Game and All-Star Weekend at Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse in Cleveland Feb. 18–20. Elite NBA players will show off their skills that weekend not only at the All-Star Game but also at the NBA All-Star Celebrity Game and the NBA Rising Stars Game.
The road to March Madness starts in Dayton, where the in-person First Four® games on March 15 and 16 at the University of Dayton Arena will kick start the NCAA® men's tournament. The weekend before will include family fun events including the Big Hoopla 4-Miler and Family Festival. Event details can be found at https://daytonhoopla.com/.
About Ohio. Find It Here. Operating within the state of Ohio's Department of Development, Ohio. Find It Here. works to position Ohio as a destination of choice to enrich lives through authentic travel experiences. The Ohio. Find It Here. brand supports Ohio's multibillion-dollar tourism industry. In 2019, the tourism industry captured a record-breaking $48 billion in visitor spending and welcomed 226 million visitors into and within the state. The industry also supported 431,000 Ohio jobs. For more information, visit Ohio.org.
Download or read a PDF version of this press release.
# # #
Media Contact: Celina Fabrizio, firstname.lastname@example.org or 614-745-9462