Let’s Work Together
TourismOhio, part of Ohio Development Services Agency, is the official state tourism bureau and is responsible for telling the story of what makes Ohio experiences distinctive and unforgettable. We are also committed to supporting the destinations, attractions and events that make up Ohio’s tourism industry by providing services and resources that aid in the growth of tourism.
Tourism is big business in Ohio. The industry supports 428,000 jobs and is a key economic driver in Ohio. In 2017, Ohio saw a record of 219 million visits which generated $44 billion in sales. Click here to learn more about the economic impact of tourism in Ohio.
Below you will find information about the services we offer to the industry. Please make sure you’re subscribed to BuckeyeLine, our monthly e-Newsletter which is the best way to keep in touch with us. We look forward to working with you!
Matthew MacLaren, Esq.
Tourism Economic Impact
Tourism in Ohio isn’t just big fun; it’s also big business. Take a look at these key figures from the TourismOhio 2017 Tourism Economic Impact study:
Data sourced from Tourism Economics. TourismOhio reports tourism industry values using direct and indirect impacts.
Five Ways TourismOhio Can Help You Grow
Supporting You is Our Mission
1. Create & Update Your Listing on Ohio.org
• Go to http://listings.ohio.org/
• Select Create an account then select Add Destination or Add Event
• These free listings are included on ohio.org and within TourismOhio’s printed publications – The Ohio Travel Guide and the Calendar of Events
• Email Website Manager Jon Dymock with questions
2. Sign-up for matching funds via the TourismOhio Co-Op
• The TourismOhio Co-Op Advertising Program offers matching funds to any organization promoting tourism in Ohio
• Any single organization can request up to $25,000 in matching funds
• Email Marketing Manager Lauren Seckel with questions
3. Email us every month about what’s new / happening
• What is something new or exciting that’s happening at your destination?
• Was a new project, event or attraction just announced?
• Be sure we know about it! Click here to send us an email
5. Social Media Following
• Be sure to follow us and tag us in your posts.
• Use the #OhioFindItHere hashtag in social postings.
• Contact Us: Make a note to email TourismOhio Social Media Coordinator Paola Santiago each month about new or exciting things in your area. Include high-resolution photos that can be used on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Industry Quick Links
Check out these additional resources for participating in TourismOhio’s industry outreach efforts: