“February 14th, Valentine’s Day, is all about romance. But February 13th, Galentine’s Day, is about celebrating lady friends. It’s wonderful and it should be a national holiday.” -Leslie Knope, Parks & Rec
What’s better than Valentine’s Day? A Galentine’s Day weekend getaway. No matter what your girl gang prefers, we have a trip perfect for you. To get you started, we have rounded up the best places to stay, eat, brunch and play in the best Ohio cities for your next getaway.
Photo credit:Toledo Brunch – Manhattan’s Pub
An Elevated Escape in Toledo
At the northwestern border along the Maumee River lies the Glass City, where your Galentine’s getaway awaits. Rooftop dining and drinks will raise the bar for your girl group as you make plans to mosey through a world-renowned art museum. Here’s where you should go:
- Brunch: Manhattan’s Pub + Cheer – a warm, intimate pub-style brunch locale with exposed brick complete with a breakfast buffet and complimentary mimosa.
- Stay: Renaissance Toledo Downtown Hotel – sophisticated accommodations with a Toledo flair located in the heart of Downtown.
- Eat: The Heights Rooftop Bar – a ritzy rooftop eatery with woodfired bites, hand-crafted beverages and 360-degree views of the Downtown Toledo and the Maumee River
- Play: Toledo Museum of Art – a world-class, architectural masterpiece with more than 30,000 artifacts nestled in the historic, Old West End neighborhood.
- Other Suggestions: Maumee Bay Brewing Co., Funny Bone Comedy Club, Rust Belt Coffee
Photo credit: Ashtabula County CVB Facebook
A Vino Vacay in Ashtabula
Sip until your heart’s content in Ashtabula, a mini-wine country in northeast Ohio along Lake Erie. Your girls will love the laid back, east-coast vibe of the Lakehouse Inn and the history behind the covered bridges in the area. Here’s where you should go:
- Brunch: 5th St. Kitchen – a home-style dining establishment specializing in waffles, brunch sandwiches and jaw-dropping views.
- Stay: The Lakehouse Inn – a relaxing, luxurious bed and breakfast on the shores of Lake Erie.
- Eat: Crosswinds Grille – a farm-to-table concept prepared passionately by local chef
- Play: Covered Bridges – find out why Ashtabula is known as the covered bridge capital of Ohio and learn the history behind these architectural wonders.
- Other Suggestions: Harbor Perk, Ice Wine Laurentia’s Winery, Ashtabula Lighthouse
An Outdoor Oasis in Hocking Hills
Nestled in the Appalachian foothills in southeast Ohio lies the Hocking Hills, an outdoor oasis for the adventurous group of #WomenWhoHike. Plan a group trek through Hocking Hills State Park – if you’re lucky, you may even see Mother Nature show off with gorgeous frozen waterfalls. Here’s where you should go:
Brunch: Lake Hope Lodge – a home-style dining experience with lakeside views.
Stay: The Chalets – a hidden getaway perfect for glamping.
Eat: Inn and Spa at Cedar Falls Candlelit Dinner – a luxurious menu prepared by a top chef in the middle of the woods.
Play: Hocking Hills Moonshine – a tour to learn more about an age-old practice with boozy rewards.
Photo credit: VASO Igloos and Gucci Down – Meg Berno
A Glamourous Getaway in Dublin
About 15 minutes northwest of Columbus, Downtown Dublin is a city with a touch of Irish influence, packed with places you and your girlfriends will love. From stylish igloo dining at VASO Rooftop Lounge to the Celtic Cocktail Trail, Dublin is a great place for your glamourous weekend getaway. Here’s where you should go:
- Brunch: Hen Quarter – a southern-style brunch place brimming with bloody marys and soul food.
- Stay: AC Marriot Hotel – a stylish, modern place to rest your head after a day of activities.
- Eat: VASO Rooftop Lounge Igloos – a life-sized snow globe dining experience, complete with heaters, handcrafted cocktails and even a call button to page your personal server.
- Play: The Celtic Cocktail Trail – a beverage trail with a touch of Irish designed to transport the Irish Isle right to your taste buds. Complete 5 stops to earn your commemorative koozie.
- Other Suggestions: Pins Mechanical, Coast Wine House, The Woodhouse Day Spa.
Photo credit: Nation Kitchen and Bar – Nation Kitchen and Bar Facebook
An Artsy Adventure in Cincinnati
Cincinnati is brimming with artistic influence and brewing history. Grab the girl gang and head down near the Ohio/Kentucky border for upscale accommodations, outdoor ice skating and underground tours. Here’s where you should go:
- Brunch: Nation Kitchen + Bar – a rustic, chic establishment with an interesting namesake and bottomless beverages.
- Stay: 21c Museum Hotel – a museum-style haunt with art and curiosity around every corner, rightfully on the National Registrar of Historic Places.
- Eat: Abigail Street – an intimate, stylish eatery your group with love with décor and desserts that are out of this world.
- Play: Brewing Heritage Trail – an underground tour experience that will fill your minds (and bellies) with the best in Ohio brewing.
- Other Suggestions: Ice Skating at the UC Health Ice Rink, Cincinnati Art Museum Women Breaking Boundaries exhibit
Ohio may be for lovers, but it’s also for best friends. Whether your group is seeking rooftop sips or outdoor trips, you can find your perfect Galentine’s getaway here in Ohio.