Ohio Wineries Offer Tasty Sips Alongside Gorgeous Fall Scenery
Discover Ohio at its finest by visiting during fall – one of the most beautiful times of the year in Ohio! Enjoy the charms of some of the 200+ wineries statewide. Visiting Ohio’s wineries is one of my favorite pastimes. Our wineries are divided by geographic region and include: Lake Erie Shores & Islands, Vines & Wines, Canal Country, Capital City, Appalacian and Ohio River Valley.
Today I’ve compiled a list of some of the top winery events this fall, along with the sights and sounds you will want to take in!
• Ashtabula Covered Bridge Festival in Ashtabula, Ohio (Oct. 11-12). This northeast Ohio community invites you to tour their numerous covered bridges and their fall beauty. Learn about the different types of bridges, explore the wineries in the area and take in the crisp fall air. The festival includes, food, games, entertainment and more. You may want to try Goddess Wine House during your visit, or perhaps Emerine Estates Winery in Jefferson or Farinacci Winery in Austinburg.
• Covered Bridge Trolley & Cavatelli Dinner in Geneva, Ohio (Oct. 12). Seeking a guided tour of Ashtabula’s covered bridges? Look no further than this special tour followed by dinner at one of northeast Ohio’s fine wineries, Ferrante Winery & Ristorante. Pre-paid reservations are required and seating is limited. Call 440.466.8466 for more information.
• Field to Fork Progressive Dinner in Madison, Ohio (Oct. 17 & Nov. 7). This celebration of local food and wine begins at 6:30 p.m. and takes foodies to Grand River Cellars, Debonné Vineyards and South River Vineyards. Special wines are paired with each course. Seating is limited and advance reservations are required by calling any of the participating wineries and specifying which dinner you plan to attend. Cost is $49.50 per person.
• Halloween Party in Lake Milton, Ohio (October 31). Join Lil Paws Winery for it’s second-annual Halloween Party from 7 to 10 p.m. Prizes will be awarded. Visit the winery online for more information or call 330.9709.463.
• Winery Tour Weekend at The Lakehouse Inn Winery in Geneva-on-the-Lake, Ohio (Nov. 14-15). Spend the weekend touring wineries, enjoy a four-course dinner, full breakfast, a complimentary bottle of wine and tasting glasses and overnight accommodations for two. Prices start at $549 (plus tax and gratuity) per couple. Call 440.466.8668 for more information or to make a reservation. Enjoy a fall view of Lake Erie, too. This inn is located on the shore!
• Tannenbaum Trail 2014 in Geneva, Ohio (Nov. 28- 29). This late fall tour takes visitors along a winery trail in northeast Ohio. Cost is $50 per couple or $40 per single and includes wine sampling from noon to 6 p.m. both days. Wine samples, light appetizers and collectible ornaments are available at each stop of the trail. Advanced reservations are required by calling 800.227.6972. Discounted lodging rates are available.
• Winemaker for a day at various Ohio wineries statewide (Ongoing through Nov. 30). This unique experience features a hands-on opportunity to participate in wine production, along with the supervision of Ohio’s professional winemakers. Learn how to create the perfect blend, to bottle and more. Perfect for wine lovers. This experience will sell out. Cost is $175 and reservations are required. Call 800.227.6972 to secure your spot. Check out this and other wine events around Ohio in October and November.
These guided tours and events are only suggestions. Looking to travel off the beaten path? Design your own guided tour of Ohio’s wine country. For more information on our wineries visit the Ohio Grape Industries Committee online and The Ohio Wine Producers Association online.