By Mady Stoner
Posted On: Jan 28, 2022
The Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse's $185 million renovation transformed the publicly-owned venue into a modernized world-class sports and entertainment showplace for Cleveland and the entire Northeast Ohio region.
Next time you're attending an event, whether it be a Cleveland Cavaliers basketball game or your favorite artist's concert, get there early for the full experience. You can enjoy delicious food, specialty drinks, view beautiful art and participate in endless photo opportunities.
Key upgrades were made to enhance your experience every time you come:
- New level naming to let fans know where they are. These descriptions provide clear distinctions between floors to help convey what portals and destinations are on each level.
- New neighborhoods created as gathering areas to help reduce concourse congestion.
- New portal system which allows you to get as close to your seat as possible (avoid having to cross an entire aisle of people to get to your seat!)
A few areas of interest worth checking out during your next visit:
- The eight story glass atrium featuring the all-new Sherwin-Williams entrance and Cleveland-Cliffs entrance. (This is also where you can congregate before gates open and stay warm in the colder months)
- The first-of-its-kind 360 degree power portal LED tunnel (a very cool place for a photo opp!)
- The storytelling flex walls, featuring the Cavs Wall of Honor, Hello Cleveland wall and the Cavs and Monsters championship walls. You can take your picture standing next to the championship winning basketball court and see all the shoe scuffs up close and personal.
- The Budweiser Brewhouse, which is a standing room only destination for all fans that provides an open view to the arena bowl (tip: buy the nosebleed cheap tickets, then come to this area and experience the entire game from the bar!)
The Public Art Program
Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse's art program includes works made especially for the transformed venue, its team and the Cleveland community. Each piece within the arena was selected to convey the spirit of sportsmanship and power of resilience.
The collection contains site-specific pieces from some of the most important contemporary artist working today. There are over 100 pieces of art in the collection throughout the arena, 22 diverse local, national and international artists.
A few pieces you need to see:
- A 20-foot sculpture by the NY-based artist KAWS. This is the first-time KAWS work as appeared in Cleveland.
- A large-scale mural from artist Shepard Fairey, widely-known for his President Barack Obama "Hope" poster. This is Fairey's first piece to appear in Cleveland as well.
- Pastel drawings by emerging local artist Paul Verdell featuring drawings of famous plays in Cavaliers history. This artwork spans the entire hallway on the Everstream Founders Level.
- Immersive works by Sam Friedman and Thrush Holmes that span four vertical stories on the escalators.
Food and Beverage Options
When attending an event at Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse, think beyond the traditional draft beers and pretzels. The food and beverage here has been elevated to create an entirely new experience featuring award-winning local chefs such as Michael Symon, Rocco Whalen, Karen Small and more.
Each neighborhood features a variety of food options and open space with tables for mingling and eating. On the Street Level the sections are divided into the Northwest Atrium, East Neighborhood, South Neighborhood and West Neighborhood – it all depends on the type of food you're in the mood for! There truly is something for everyone.
On the Huntington Club Level you'll find Symon's Burger Joint, the Crown Royal Bar, the Overlook Bar (with stunning views of downtown Cleveland) and the Budweiser Brewhouse.
The FieldHouse is also wired with the latest technology to enhance your experience, including an innovative self-ordering at Symon's Burger Joint, Rocco's, Quaker Steak & Lube and other fan favorite concessions.
Every time you visit the FieldHouse you'll find something new to see and new food to try. So make sure to take advantage of everything it has to offer!
Note: this visit was hosted by Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse. Photos and opinions are author's own.