Advertising Showing Positive Results!
Maybe you’ve heard the radio ad. Maybe you’ve seen it on the internet or one of the 11 print publications in which we are participating. The results of our spring/summer advertising are showing positive momentum. The message promotes downloading/ordering the Official Ohio Travel Guide and we’re seeing it happen!
- There have been more than 15,000 app downloads of the Ohio Travel Guide this year - 91% of those (nearly 14,000 downloads) have happened just since May 4!
-By comparison, during all of 2014 there were a total of 3,800 app downloads.
- There have been more than 16,000 desktop views of the Ohio Travel eGuide since May 4!
Specific advertising tactics include:
- PRINT: 11 print publications totaling 2.7 million in circulation. Publications include a 12-page custom insert in Midwest Living profiling 20 only–in-Ohio experiences, Regional Newspaper Insert, Country Living, etc. Advertising in print publications began in May and continues through August.
- RADIO: Pandora, Spotify and traditional radio featuring a 30-second spot. Advertising began May 4.
- DIGITAL: Search, display, paid social, Facebook promoted posts and BuzzFeed. Advertising began May 4.
For example, here is paid advertising that TourismOhio worked on with Buzzfeed: