In celebration of Ohio Tourism Day on May 9 and National Travel and Tourism Week, TourismOhio is offering our industry partners an opportunity to jump-start spring travel sales and encourage visitors to plan their Ohio getaways.
We invite all Ohio tourism industry members to create special offers on lodging, attraction tickets, meals, etc. to be made available to consumers on Ohio.org.
- Your Ohio Tourism Day offer can be a deal, package or discount. If you already have a listing on Ohio.org, you can add information to your existing listing.
- Offers will be available to consumers via our website from May 6-12, 2018, the duration of National Travel and Tourism week.
- Be sure to include links directing consumers to your website for purchase and redemption.
- Consider offers that will appeal to your potential visitors. (It’s often said, the only good deal or discount is the one that gets redeemed)
- We suggest including a redemption code with your offer, so you can measure any traffic generated.
Create a Listing:
- Visit www.listings.ohio.org
- Click the “Register for an Account” link
- Complete the User Registration Form and click “Save”
- You will receive an email with an activation link
- Click the link to activate your new account request
- For more information, please visit www.ohio.org/industry/database
Update Your Listing to Include a Deal:
- Login at www.listings.ohio.org
- Click on your property name to add or edit a deal
- Scroll down the listing page until you see the “Deals” module
- Click the “Add a Deal” button to add or edit your deals (you can have up to 25 deals)
- The more information you provide the better your business will look to potential visitors and the more discoverable it is both on the site and in search engines such as Google
- Click the “Save” button to save your changes or “Cancel” if you wish to leave without saving
- Remember your changes my take up to 24 hours to update on Ohio.org
Even if you’re not joining us as an exhibitor at Ohio Tourism Day on May 9, this is a great way to celebrate Ohio Tourism throughout the state and spur consumers to start thinking Ohio for their next getaway. Organizations participating in Ohio Tourism Day at the Ohio Statehouse are also encouraged to feature their deal as part of their booth.
TourismOhio will promote Ohio Tourism Deals through media relations statewide, through social media and beyond. We invite you to join us in this effort to shine the light on Ohio travel opportunities!
If you have any questions about Ohio Tourism Deals or creating/updating listings on Ohio.org, please contact David.King@development.ohio.gov by 5:00 pm on April 30.