Posted On: Jan 7, 2020
Ohio. Find It Here. Unveils 2020 Winter Travel Inspiration
COLUMBUS, Ohio (January 7, 2020) - Ohio's wintry temperatures, majestic snowfalls and seasonal scenery invite visitors to experience some of the "coolest" activities of wintertime - and the Ohio. Find It Here. Winter in Ohio microsite provides locals and visitors alike a free, easy-to navigate tool for planning the perfect winter escape.
"Romantic getaways, 'Instagrammable' winter landscapes and picturesque snowfalls are what make an Ohio. Find It Here. winter trip so inviting," said Matt MacLaren, director of Ohio. Find It Here. "Our goal with the Ohio. Find It Here. Winter in Ohio microsite is to inspire friends and families to plan unique and memorable cold-weather experiences."
Highlights of the Ohio. Find It Here. Winter in Ohio travel inspiration include:
- Winter Scenic Route Road Trip - A guide to some of the most majestic winter views in Ohio at locations such as Punderson State Park & Lodge; Boston Mills Brandywine Ski Resort; and Ash Cave or Cantwell Cliffs in Hocking Hills State Park.
- Romantic Road Trip -The crisp air and a layer of snow can make a road trip with your loved one even more romantic. Enjoy Ohio's finest wines, overnight yurts made just-forcouples, rides on the Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad and picturesque areas including German Village, Gervasi Vineyards and more on the Lovers' Lane Road Trip.
- 12 Ohio Castles You Need to Visit This Winter - The architecture of Ohio's stately castles is even more stunning when adorned in a coat of snow. From the century-old Piatt Castles in West Liberty to the modern Ravenwood Castle in New Plymouth, all are worth the drive to see in the winter.
- Ohio's Cave Adventures - Plan a wintry escape to one of Ohio's many natural cave systems. In Ohio's largest caves, the Ohio Caverns, the temperature is 54-degrees year round. The Zane Shawnee Caverns in Bellefontaine are known for their naturally occurring cave pearls, and all across Ohio you can explore millions of years of history with colorful mineral formations, and stalactites and stalagmites.
- Additional stories and ideas designed to inspire winter travel both embracing the outside temperatures and cozying up indoors include tips on Ohio's best sledding hills, where to hit the slopes this season, perfectly paired Ohio coffee and chocolates and much more.
Whether you're preparing for the perfect cold-weather adventure or looking for a new experience to kick-off the year, you can Find It Here. at Ohio.org/Winter. For more travel ideas and inspiration, follow @OhioFindItHere on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and visit Ohio.org.