By Maggie Butler
Posted On: Dec 1, 2020
The Yuletide season, while festive, cheerful and exciting, can also be tiring. Finding the perfect present for your loved ones and bundling up in multiple layers every time you leave the house is exhausting. Instead of preparing a Christmas dinner feast and adding another thing to stress over this December, head to one of these restaurants for a hassle-free and delicious holiday meal to-go!
Photo credit: Pattycake Bakery, Facebook
Dinner: The Kitchen is offering multiple take home meal kits for the holiday season, from holiday dinners that range in serving two to eight people, charcuterie boards, baked brie, dip samplers and more. They're also offering 12 Cocktails of Boozemas – order your favorite wintery beverage to-go, with options like peppermint martini, naughty or nice and pink bunny pajamas.
Order by Dec. 21 before 5PM. Pickup on Dec. 23 from 4-6PM and Dec. 24 from 9-11AM.
Holiday Bonus: Cook a dinner inspired by your favorite holiday movie with their Holiday Movie Series. On Dec. 11 you can serve up a three-course meal inspired by "A Christmas Story" (which was filmed in Ohio!), or dine with the Griswold’s on Dec. 18 for "A Christmas Vacation" inspired meal.
Dessert: Pattycake Bakery in Clintonville is here for all your classic Christmas treats. This gluten-free bakery has it all - from gingerbread to spritz and thumbprint cookies. And if you prefer a little DIY, then pickup one of their cookie or gingerbread kits.
Order online and select your preferred pickup date. When you pickup, text your full name to 614-321-5143 or call 614-784-2253.
Holiday Dish: Melomakarona is a traditional Greek cookie prepared during the holiday season. It's a moist, soft cake-like cookie flavored with a subtle aroma of orange and brandy, dipped in a honey syrup and topped with chopped walnuts. Order them for your family (or just yourself) from Ambro-Sia’s Greek Pastries.
More Central Ohio Spots for the Holidays
- Holiday orders from The Butcher & Grocer in Grandview Heights
- "Home for the Holidays" from La Chatelaine French Bakery & Bistro in Worthington, Dublin and Upper Arlington
- Christmas Dinner Bundles and Gourmet Gift & Graze Boxes from Together & Company (plus Kittie's Cakes) in Columbus
- "Home for the Holidays" meals from Cameron Mitchell restaurants in Columbus
- Cookie boxes from Dough Mama in Clintonville and German Village
- Christmas Breakfast Meal Kit from HangOver Easy near OSU Campus and Olde Town East
- Holiday meals and treats from Schokko Café at the Columbus Museum of Art
- Holiday meal from 101 Beer Kitchen in Gahanna, Dublin and Westerville
- Christmas arrangements from Bloomtastic Florist in Columbus
Photo credit: So Sweet Lebanese & French Pastries, Facebook
Dinner: Build your own feast without the hassle using Fowl and Fodder's locally sourced food and ingredients. For dinner, pick from a protein, trimmings, desserts and take-home cocktails to build the perfect holiday spread. If you have dinner covered, select one of their breakfast offerings or a charcuterie and cheese platter.
Order online by Dec. 19 before 8PM. Pickup will be on Dec. 24 from 10AM - 2PM.
Dessert: Jera's Heavenly Sweet is here to make sure your holidays are sweet. Check out their decorated cookies featuring Santas, reindeers, stockings and poinsettias. Or maybe try one of their festive cake balls.
Order online or call 419-214-1107 by Dec. 18 to place your orders.
Holiday Dish: So Sweet Lebanese is selling Yule Logs for the holiday season that are so gorgeous you might not want to eat them! Pick from either a chocolate mirror glaze or buttercream covered yule log for the perfect holiday dessert. Use code "YULELOG10" for 10% off online pre-orders from now until Dec. 13 (for pickup between Dec. 22-25).
More NW Ohio Spots for the Holidays
- Aunt Beulah's Fruitcakes in Elida
- Christmas at Home from Brandywine Country Club restaurant in Maumee
- Christmas orders from Bakery Unlimited in Toledo
- Holiday treats (like Springerle cookies) from Wixey Bakery in Toledo
- Holiday Dinner Box from The Blarney Irish Pub in Toledo
- "A Very Merry MBBC Christmas To Go" from Maumee Bay Brewing Co. in Toledo
- Holiday menu from Mamma Toledo's The Pie Hole
- Home for the Holiday Dinner from Registry Bistro in Toledo
- Hanukkah and Christmas arrangements from Myrtle Flowers & Gifts in Toledo
Photo credit: Luna Bakery Cafe, Facebook
Dinner: Cleveland Vegan is serving up holiday classics with a vegan twist on their December holiday catering menu. Start your meal with pesto roasted veggies, then move onto the chickpea parmesan cutlets paired with classic mac n'cheez and finish it all off with a chocolate silk pie.
Order by Dec. 18 before 12PM. To order, call 216-832-7440 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Delivery is not available. Schedule pickup for Dec. 22-23 between 9AM - 6PM.
Dessert: You'll have dreams of sugar cookies dancing in your head after checking out the Holiday menu from Luna Bakery & Cafe in Cleveland Heights. Their Holiday and Christmas Menu features everything from sugar cookie boxes, pies, cinnamon rolls to take-and-bake stick buns.
Order by Dec. 18 for pickup on Dec. 24 before 3PM.
Bonus: Signup for their "Gingerbread House Decorating Class on Zoom." The class will be on Dec. 12 from 3-4PM, and you can pickup your kit and supplies Dec. 11-12.
Holiday Dish: Fruitcake lovers, rejoice! Kauffman's Bakery in Millersburg is offering three different fruitcake options this holiday season: fruitcake cups, fruitcake chocolate chewie bars and a traditional fruitcake. If you're not a fan of this holiday classic, order one of their holiday cookie trays instead.
More NE Ohio Spots for the Holidays
- Holiday pre-orders from Saucisson in Cleveland
- Eggnog and recipes from Smith's Dairy in Orrville
- Holiday Family Meals Gervasi Vineyard in Canton
- Holiday Feast To-Go from LockKeepers in Valley View
- Christmas Pops from Daisy Cakes in Kent
- Holiday menu from Breads and Beyond Bakery in Parma
- Holiday catering menu from Der Braumeister Master Bier Haus & Restaurant in Cleveland
- Eggnog from Hartzler Family Dairy in Wooster
- Hanukkah and Christmas arrangements from 12th Street Florist in Cleveland
Photo credit: Boomtown Biscuits & Whiskey, Facebook
Dinner: Take the stress out of the holiday season and order your Christmas dinner from Boomtown Biscuits & Whiskey. Customize your meal kit for two and choose from a selection of proteins, sides, Christmas cookies and - of course - their famous biscuits.
Order by Dec. 20 before 6PM by emailing email@example.com. Pickup on Dec. 24 from 11AM - 4PM.
Bonus: This season, you can also order Christmas cookies and drop biscuit bags (to make their famous biscuits at home).
Dessert: 3 Sweet Girls Cakery has a variety of treats perfect for the holidays. Choose from a browner sampler, cookie decorating kit, Holiday cupcakes or a dessert platter. For those who want a warmer option, try their Cocoa Bomb Trio with Peppermint cocoa, Classic cocoa and Cookies & cream cocoa flavors.
Order online and choose your preferred pickup day (Dec. 18-19 and 23 from 10:30AM - 4:30PM and Dec. 24 from 9AM - 2PM).
Holiday Dish: BonBonerie is offering both traditional and unique dessert options this holiday season. For those who prefer the classics, order their festive Yule Log, a chocolate cake filled with fresh chocolate whipped cream, studded with miniature handmade chocolate truffles and iced with Belgian chocolate frosting. If you want to try something new, order their bumbleberry torte or opera cream cake.
More SW Ohio Spots for the Holidays
- Christmas Eve Dinner from Wódka Bar in Cincinnati
- Christmas Take & Bake from Golden Lamb in Lebanon
- Noel Dinner from French Crust Cafe & Bistro in Cincinnati
- Holiday Wine Kit from Dear Restaurant & Butchery in Cincinnati
- Christmas Dinner from Heist + Co. in Harrison
- Seasonally flavored macarons (like eggnog, peppermint and gingerbread) from Macaron Bar in Cincinnati
- Holiday specials from Happy Chicks Bakery in Cincinnati
- December menu from Good Pie Y'all in Cincinnati
- Holiday arrangements from Adrian Durban Florist in Cincinnati
Photo credit: Ghostlight Coffee, Facebook
Dinner: Enjoy a virtual at-home experience for two with Fleming's Steakhouse. This four-course dinner is accompanied by one bottle of Coeur by Hall, Cabernet Sauvignon, one battle of Walt, Chardonnay Sonoma Coast, two winner glasses, house made chocolate truffles and tasting notes.
Available for curbside pickup only.
Dessert: Ghostlight Coffee will make your liven up your festivities with their Christmas menu. Order a cranberry snowflake danish, chocolate peppermint cake roll or even a bag of their Evergeen coffee blend. For more traditional offerings, try the holiday cookie box or apple pie.
Order by Dec. 19 before 9PM, and pickup Dec. 23-24 between 10AM - 3PM.
Holiday Dish: Nothing says Christmas like a classic fruitcake. Pickup a loaf from Partial to Pie Bakery or try another iconic holiday food with their Mincemeat pie (available by the slice each Saturday during December). For a more portable version, grab one a Mincemeat Pie Pocket (available Tuesdays and Fridays).
Holiday orders fill up quickly, so be sure to place yours now. Call 937-813-8851 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to place your order. Partial to Pie still has pickup times available for Dec. 22 from 7AM - 3PM.
More Dayton/SW Ohio Spots for the Holidays
- Victorian Dinner from Lily's in Dayton
- Christmas Dinner Heat & Serve from Mills Park Hotel in Yellow Springs
- Holiday treats from AmyCakes Cakes & More in Miamisburg
- Christmas (Gingerbread House) kits from La Puf Sweets in Dayton
- Holiday Meals To Go from Amber Rose Restaurant in Dayton
- Cookie trays, fruitcake, Springerle cookies and more from Ashley's Pastry Shop in Dayton
- Cupcakes in a Jar from Twisted Cupcakery in Dayton
- Christmas Cookie Kits from K's Sugar Shoppe (The Sugar Shoppe Bakery) in Brookville
- Hanukkah and Christmas arrangements from Furst Florists and Greenhouses or Oberer's Flowers in Dayton
Photo credit: Ohio Proud, Facebook
Dinner: Don’t be fooled, Jeremiah's Coffee House in Marietta offers more than just coffee. And this holiday season, they're offering a Christmas dinner! Choose a family meal that feeds four to. six people with a main course of either honey butter pork, whole roasted chicken or prime rib.
Order online by Dec. 20 before 9AM. Pickup is available on Dec. 23 from 3-6PM.
Dessert: Satisfy your sweet tooth with one of Fluff Bakery's Christmas specials. You can pick from cinnamon rolls, peppermint cheesecake, holiday cookie kits and more from this Athens bakery!
Order by Dec. 20 by calling 740-249-4286 for pickup on Dec 23-24 from 8:30AM - 12PM.
Holiday Dish: Pomeroy's Snowville Creamery is offering a twist on a holiday favorite: spice nog! Available October through November, their Spice Nog contains a mix of spices used for medicinal properties - including turmeric, cardamom and mace.
More SE Ohio Spots for the Holiday
- Christmas Holiday menu from Athens Bread Company
- Bûche de Noël (Yule Log) from High Five Cakes in Chillicothe
- Rum Cake cupcake from '83 Sweets in Lucasville
- Hot chocolate or Christmas scoop (of flavors like peppermint stick) from Highland's Ice Creamery in Chillicothe
- Cookie boxes like the Ugly Sweater box from Insomnia Cookies from various Ohio locations (including Athens)
- Christmas flowers from Charley Flowers in Chillicothe
- Christmas arrangements from Aletha's Florist in Marietta
- Christmas flowers from Imlay Florists in Zanesville
- Christmas arrangements from Chillicothe Floral
Screenshot: "Sugar Rush Christmas"
Ohio Holiday Fun
Dessert: Order some eggnog inspired treats like the eggnog custard tart from Pistacia Vera in Columbus' German Village. Or try some eggnog ice cream from spots like Handel's Homemade Ice Cream in Columbus or Cincinnati's Graeter's (or maybe you'd prefer a something fresher like their peppermint stick flavor).
Holiday Dish: While you can order Christmas cookies and pies from Mary Yoder's Amish Kitchen & Bakery in Middlefield, you might have more fun rolling up your sleeves instead. Grab your apron and get ready to bake your own Christmas fruitcake by following this recipe.
More Ohio Spots for the Holiday
- Caramelized Cranberry Pear and Goat Cheese Pork Roulade recipe from Chef Kayla with Arnold's Bar and Grill in Cincinnati
- Ohio's best pie shops
- Holiday-inspired drinks from local Ohio coffeeshops
- Holiday craft beers from Ohio brewers
- Craft cocktails for the holidays
- Candy Canes from Dosher's Candy Co. and Spangler Candy
- Bûche de Noël from Pook's Baked Goods in Galena
- Bake cookies for Santa using Columbus' Fox in the Snow Cafe's chocolate chip cookie recipe
- Watch two Cleveland bakers compete on Netflix's "Sugar Rush Christmas" (S2 "Gift Exchange"). Or check out Columbus' Plenty O'Cookies compete in Food Network's "Christmas Cookie Challenge" (S3 E1).
*Hero photo credit: Gervasi Vineyard, Facebook